We at MATCHi are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our Finance team (The number crunching team )🎾🚀
At MATCHi, we truly love racket sports - every single one of them. We want people around the globe to be able to experience the same passion, to be able to play more. That's why we get up in the morning, to make racket sports more accessible - all through user-friendly tech as the core in everything. Our vision? To be the obvious platform for the global racket sports community.
Our journey began in 2012, and our vision has been the same ever since: To be the obvious platform for the global racket sports community - for both venues and players alike. Although we’re only just getting started, we’re now widely considered to be the fastest-growing company within the industry with 1600 venues connected, over 1 million players using our app, and 100+ co-workers spread out across the globe . All this was made possible through our commitment and continuous passion for racket sports.
Today, our platform offers a wide range of solutions for players to find and book their court, and for venues to administer their schedule while offering training and competitions. We see the future ahead of us and the possibilities are broad: video recordings, venue automation, intelligent training, online communities, perfect player matching. Be it tennis, padel, badminton or table tennis, the breadth of innovations will bring racket sports players around the world to simply #playmore.
To help us achieve our ambition, we are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our Finance team based in Gothenburg. As a Senior Accountant you will be responsible for the accounting function for the whole MATCHi group, including team leading from time to time.You are a team player with a genuine interest and passion for crunching numbers. We are currently building our financial team step by step and this is a new role with unlimited possibilities for you to create something from scratch.This is also an opportunity to be the key player in building and developing MATCHi’s accounting functions.You're both communicative, curious, precise and you share knowledge and ideas with a brave heart and a focused mind.
As a Senior Accountant at MATCHi you will be responsible for:
- To insource the accounting function to the head office in Gothenburg.
- Manage general accounting functions, eg.accounts payable, accounts receivable, day to day accounting, taxes and VAT.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts, closings, financial statements and reporting.
- Audit preparations.
- Develop the processes and challenge ways of working.
- Ad-hoc analyses.
- Other accounting duties from time to time.
- Support and Collaborate with other great colleagues in the team.
Who You Are
As a person you are driven, curious and structured.
- Have minimum 7 years of related experience.
- Experienced in building processes, driving change and securing financial performance (K3/IFRS).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business administration or higher vocational education (KY- utbildning) within finance and/or accounting.
- All round, you must be humble about working both with details and on a high level, ability to shift focus from bookkeeping to overall projects.
- Confident in working in various ERP systems and excel.
- Have good analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Team player and engaged in the development of others.
- Personal qualities such as high integrity and ability to uphold standards of professionalism and confidentiality are valued.
- Working in a start-up environment is a great advantage.
- Another great advantage is if you have worked as an accounting consultant and have experience from consolidated accounting.
What we offer:
A collaborative team and a culture of trust and autonomy 🤝.
- A team who truly believes and lives by the values: Attentive teamwork, Brave Hearts and Focused Mind, 🌱.
- An opportunity to work at a rapidly scaling company, 🚀.
- A modern office with the possibility of a flexible working setup, ✨.
A possibility to work with a product that helps people live a more social and active life connected to a passion.
- Huge possibilities to learn new things and lots of opportunities for personal development.
- Great benefits like massage, PT and padel lunches with the best colleagues ever!
If you think this opportunity sounds GREAT and you're interested in joining us, simply apply down below or at the top of this page and stand a chance to #getmatchedwithmatchi🎾🚀
Please note that applications by e-mail will not be accepted due to GDPR.