Having spent the past decade in the world of racket sports, we know one thing that is certain: It’s growing. Every day, thousands of people decide to embark on their own racket sports journey. We’re happy to play a part in this, making the games we all know and love more accessible through user-friendly tech.
Our journey began in 2012, and our vision has been the same ever since: To be the obvious platform for the global racket sports community - for both venues and players alike. We’re widely considered to be the fastest-growing company within the industry with 2500+ venues connected, over 1 million players using our app, and 100+ co-workers across the globe.
Our platform includes a complete booking system, integrated competition solutions, streaming, memberships, easy payment system and everything in between. By using MATCHi, venues remain in control of the whole racket sports value chain. What about the players? Well, they have a whole racket sports world at their fingertips through the MATCHi app - allowing players to easily book courts and classes, become members, set up tournaments and connect with other players from across the globe. To be able to take the next step on our journey, we’re now looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who will be part of a team of great Engineers focusing on creating user-friendly tech.
What You'll Do
As Senior backend engineer at MATCHi, you will work with complex global products and will be highly involved in decisions related to the overall product strategy. You will work in a cross-functional team to build user-friendly solutions for mobile and web that are both scalable and reliable. Being a senior engineer, you will have the responsibility to lead and coach junior members of the team to ensure the team’s further development.
You will take active part in daily routines, plan and execute on bets and initiatives. You will also get the opportunity to collaborate with other great engineers, product managers, and designers to develop and deliver best-in-class solutions for our end users.
- We believe you are an enthusiastic developer who has many years of experience working in Golang, Java, Groovy, or equivalent.
- You probably have experience from working in a monolith architecture and have been involved in migration to microservices and maybe even serverless.
- You have experience from developing cross-platform products and you are comfortable working with AWS and writing infrastructure as code.
- Since you have an interest in leadership, you probably have previous experience from roles such as Tech lead, Solution architect or Senior backend engineer.
- You identify yourself as communicative, curious, kind and you are a firm believer in teamwork and knowledge sharing.
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge of cross platform frameworks like React Native or similar
- Relational databases and NoSQL
- Event driven architecture
What we offer
- A collaborative team and a culture of trust and autonomy.
- A team who truly believes and lives by the values: Attentive teamwork, Brave Hearts and Focused Mind.
- A modern office with the possibility of a flexible working setup.
- A possibility to work with a product that helps people live a more social and active life connected to a passion.
- Huge possibilities to learn new things and lots of opportunities for personal development.
- Great benefits like massage, PT and Padel lunches with amazing colleagues.
If you're eager to explore the possibilities of a career at MATCHi, just click the "Apply" button below or at the top of this page, and you could be on your way to becoming a match with MATCHi!
Please note that applications by e-mail will not be accepted due to GDPR.